IIS (Internet Information Services) Manager is a powerful web server management tool provided by Microsoft for Windows operating systems.
It allows you to configure, manage, and monitor websites, application pools, virtual directories, and various other aspects of web server hosting.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to open IIS Manager using Windows 10.
We’ll provide a detailed breakdown of the process along with code examples where applicable, making it easier for you to access and utilize the functionalities of IIS Manager.
Method 1 To Open IIS (Internet Information Services) Manager Using Windows 10
Here are the steps to open IIS Manager on a Windows 10 machine:
Step 1: Launch the Run dialog
Windows key +
R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Start button and select “Run” from the context menu.
Step 2: Open IIS Manager
In the Run dialog box, type
inetmgr and click the “OK” button. This command opens the IIS Manager application.
Method 2 to open IIS Manager using the Windows administrative tools
Step 1: Open the Control Panel
Click on the Start button, search for “Control Panel,” and click on the corresponding search result to open the Control Panel.
Step 2: Access Administrative Tools
In the Control Panel, change the view to “Large icons” or “Small icons” if necessary. Then, locate and click on the “Administrative Tools” option.
Step 3: Open IIS Manager
In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the “Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager” icon. This action will launch the IIS Manager application.
Enable IIS Manager in Windows 10
If IIS Manager is disabled on your Windows 10 machine, you won’t be able to open it using the regular methods.
However, you can enable IIS Manager using the Windows Features dialog. Here’s a detailed guide on how to enable IIS Manager if it is disabled:
- Open the Control Panel: Click on the Start button, search for “Control Panel,” and click on the corresponding search result to open the Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features: In the Control Panel, change the view to “Large icons” or “Small icons” if necessary. Then, locate and click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Turn Windows Features on or off: In the Programs and Features window, click on the “Turn Windows features on or off” link on the left-hand side. This will open the Windows Features dialog.
- Enable Internet Information Services: In the Windows Features dialog, scroll down and locate the “Internet Information Services” option. Expand it by clicking on the “+” sign.
- Enable IIS Manager: Within the Internet Information Services options, locate and check the box next to “Internet Information Services Manager.” This enables the IIS Manager feature.
- Confirm and Apply Changes: After selecting the “Internet Information Services Manager” option, click the “OK” button to apply the changes. Windows will then enable the IIS Manager feature.
- Wait for Installation: Windows may need to install additional components to enable IIS Manager. It may take some time, so be patient and allow the installation to complete.
- Open IIS Manager: Once the installation is finished, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous guide to open IIS Manager using the Run dialog or the Windows administrative tools.
Enabling IIS Manager using the Windows Features dialog allows you to access and utilize the functionalities of IIS Manager even if it was previously disabled.
Code Example To Open IIS Manager in Windows 10
No specific code examples are required for opening IIS Manager as it is a graphical management tool. The steps mentioned above are sufficient to access IIS Manager using Windows 10.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily open IIS Manager on your Windows 10 machine.
IIS Manager provides a user-friendly interface for managing web server configurations and hosting settings.
Whether you use the Run dialog or navigate through the Windows administrative tools, accessing IIS Manager becomes a straightforward process.
Once opened, you can utilize the various features and functionalities offered by IIS Manager to configure and manage your web server with ease.
Abhinav worked as a software engineer at numerous startups and large enterprises for over 12 years. He has worked on a variety of projects, from developing software to designing hardware. He is passionate about tinkering with computers and learning new things. He is always looking for new ways to use technology to solve problems and make people’s lives easier. That is the inspiration behind https://foxrunsoftware.net. Abhinav created FoxRunSoftware to address common errors and issues faced by engineers and non-engineers alike!